Satoshi Ishizaka

I have been working with leaders of more than 100 big companies as a corporate leadership trainer and an executive coach over the past 5 years. So I talk in front of many smart people as their teacher almost every day. That requires a lot of energy. Also, as my hobby, I regularly teach some martial arts. That requires a lot of energy and fitness too. Although I may look fit and strong in the eyes of my clients, in reality, however, I have also had a lot of physical challenges such as chronic lower back pain, frozen shoulders and stiffness all over my body.  Even if I could pretend to look fit, I could not lie to myself when my body was super stiff, in pain and prone to get further injuries.   As I was always stiff, all my past attempts to keep stretching did not work. The reality of my stiff and painful body was stronger than my will power. For my body, lifting weights and doing martial arts were more natural so I could keep doing them with pleasure. But when it came to stretching, my body simply did not cooperate. It was like a steel plate. I needed some professional help from a really experienced coach who could help me break through my life-long stiffness issue. So I decided to take up stretching lessons with Pete. What’s most encouraging for me is that Pete is older than me yet much more flexible and much fitter than I am. If I see a younger person who is more flexible and fitter, I would just think it is absolutely normal and understandable. But when I see such an energetic, fitter, healthier and flexible older person like Pete, I feel very encouraged and hopeful for myself. Pete can show us a lot of ways and tools to stretch which we can apply in our daily life, simply by using something around us at home or at work. There are a lot of ways to stretch when you are just sitting in a chair or walking or standing or leaning on the wall or playing with a ball or just lying in bed etc. Also, Pete always reminds me of the importance of daily stretching and continuation of it in a very encouraging manner. To keep the motivation to stretch fresh and strong is a very important success factor and I find Pete is excellent at keeping us motivated. After a few months of my regular sessions with Pete, I am definitely getting more flexible and most importantly, stretching has become a part of my daily regimen now. If you are like me who could feel like 25 years old only if your stiff body, lower back pain and/or shoulder pain etc did not remind you of your real age, I highly recommend you to give stretching a higher priority in your life by taking up lessons with Pete. He will show you how to become as young as you really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(C) 2009 - 2020 WWW.THEFITNESSCODE.COM/ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED